Friday, November 07, 2008

Robot Visions

I really enjoyed reading the chapter titled Robot Visions. It was sort of like a suspense to me because I was trying to figure out was life a hundred years from there time really like that. It seemed to perfect for humans to to live in harmony like that because according to some theroist conflict is necessary and what makes the world go around. Society according to RG-13 was to perfect for humans. When I got to the end of the section my jaw dropped in amazement because first of all there was no humans alive and the letter was sent to the future by a human like robot and that robot was the one telling the story.

3 comments:

Phil said...

I think it was real interesting how the end of the book happened. I did not expect it either. I do think it was interesting that all the robots still continued to look like humans in the end. They could have taken any other form but they still decided on the human form. Maybe it was out of respect or maybe that was what they were originally formed so they kept it that way. Either way it was very interesting that the human race was completely wiped out.

jordan logan said...

I also thought the chapter "Robot Visions" was very interesting. The question in class that was brought up was "should the robot have to tell the other scientists that there was no humans left?" I believe so. The first law for robots is to protect human beings. By not telling them, he is allowing the human race to vanish without any explanation or reason why. He doesn't even give humans a chance to survive. I believe he should have to tell the humans based on the robot law.

Colton said...

I think that the whole story was interesting in general and it helped that you could actually follow the story without it being over your head. I agree with Jordan that the robot should have told the other scientists that humans were no longer around because it is the first law of robotics is to protect all human kind.