Monday, May 03, 2010

Low Impact Woodland Home.

Okay, so after a lot of fuss during class, I feel like I should give a little more perspective on my opinion so I don't look like I hate the environment. I was just offering confrontation to politically driven opinion. Anyway, here is my dream home:





This is a small cottage in England, it is low impact and relative self sufficient. Heres the families website http://www.simondale.net/house/ I stumble uponed this 2 years ago and have been wanting a low impact home since then. I like the earth built materials the electrical independence and the integration of human advancement with a modern possiblity.


This particular design is a round house. The Dale's (the family that lives here) are part of an eco-community called the Lamas http://www.lammas.org.uk/ecovillage/index.htm. Now I wouldn't want to live in a low imact community, but it gives more examples of the excellent innovative spirit and archtitecture. Combine this style household with rainwater collection, greenhouses/gardening, and solar/water/wind electrical generations you can live pretty off the grid. and not sacrfice having a microwave.

1 comment:

Pierce Oka said...

Hobbit houses! It does look very cool.